<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: 8 of 30: Lucky FABB

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

8 of 30: Lucky FABB

8-of-30


Yesterday, I attended the Lucky Fashion and Beauty Blogger Conference in New York City. I really enjoyed the speakers and panel discussions. They were very insightful. It was also fun to be around a whole room full of people whose interest in fashion and beauty matched my own. I won't do a full recap, because I don't want to spoil it for those who still plan to watch the conference recording. Many of the conference speakers touched in some way on being authentic as a blogger, remaining true to yourself and continuing to learn/expand your knowledge (about the craft of blogging, about blogging platforms, social media and technology, etc.). Joan Rivers was as funny as she is on TV, but she also gave great advice like her opinion that that the only things you'll regret in life are the things you don't do and to manage your own money, be a business woman instead of relying on others to do so for you. Jenna Lyons (of J Crew) looked as stylish in real life as she does in photos. I also learned about great sites that I will check out when I have time such as Style Trek and Fashism.

I wasn't very good at documenting the day in pictures (this is still something I need to work on!), I was too busy taking everything in. But I did get photos done by the photographer they had set up at the event which are way better than my usual self-taken photos. I feel grateful that I had the opportunity to participate in the conference and thought Lucky did an awesome job at putting together a great conference.

Lucky FABB Conference


On another note, I did stick to my 30 for 30 items for my outfit from yesterday and wore a blazer in solidarity of the awesome site, Everybody Body, Everywear.

Blazer: Macy's (boy's section)
Dress: Modcloth
Shoes: Target
Belt: H&M
Earrings: Modcloth
Necklace worn as bracelet: Etsy seller


Classic Blazer | Everybody, Everywear

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

At February 9, 2011 at 9:55 AM , Anonymous MBLS said...

This outfit is very elegant, good job!

 
At February 9, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks!

 
At February 9, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Anonymous Melissa said...

How awesome that you were able to be there! I'm jealous!

You look so fantastic in this outfit. That dress is spectacular and I adore the pop of red in the belt. The blazer is the perfect topper.

 
At February 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! The belt was a last minute addition, but I'm happy now that I added it.

I'm sorry you couldn't be there, I would have loved to have met you in person. But go ahead and watch the conference when you get a chance online, it will be worth your time.

To be quite honest, it was a little exhausting traveling back and forth for the day up to NY, but was worth it!

 
At February 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Anonymous eatsleepwear said...

you are such a pint sized CUTIE!!!!!! So glad I got to say hi to you at the conference. :))))))) You. look. ADORABLE! xo, Kim www.eatsleepwear.com

 
At February 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM , Anonymous Linda said...

What fun! Great job using 30 for 30 items to wear for the conference. You look fashionable and professional!
I am double impressed that you were even able to squeeze EBEW in there, too. Amazing!

The Auspicious Life

 
At February 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM , Anonymous Linda said...

I agree..that belt is perfect!

 
At February 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM , Anonymous Curls and Pearls said...

Wow you look terrific! Sounds like such an amazing and interesting conference.

 
At February 9, 2011 at 3:30 PM , Anonymous hautepinkpretty said...

Love these shots of you! Your look is amazing. The conference sounds like so much fun!! <3

 
At February 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM , Anonymous kelsey williams said...

I'm so jealous you were at the conference! These photos are amazing. You look great!

 
At February 9, 2011 at 4:15 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks Kim! I'm glad I got to saw hi to you too, you looked pretty stylish yourself! Hopefully next time we'll get to chat a bit. Enjoy the rest of the Fashion Week activities!

 
At February 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks Linda! I couldn't miss out in participating again in EBEW even if I was a bit late : )

 
At February 9, 2011 at 4:17 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! It was a great conference, very well put-together.

 
At February 9, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks a bunch! It was a fun conference : )
Most opportunities to be around fashion/style bloggers are a fun time in my book.

 
At February 9, 2011 at 4:20 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! They are a nice memento from the day. I don't think I've had a professional picture taken since my college graduation photos and I personally like these better : )

 
At February 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM , Anonymous Sorren Isler said...

I LOVE that dress and I am SO excited about these pictures, they're wonderful and you look beautiful! I would have loved to attended an event like this, hopefully Halifax has something interesting coming up...

 
At February 10, 2011 at 11:19 AM , Anonymous MONKEYFACE said...

Amazing! Fantastic that you got to be right in the middle of it, and how awesome is it that you got profresh photos?! You look radiant in them. Seriously.

 
At February 10, 2011 at 12:49 PM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

Black and white outfits are so classic! And, I love the little pop of color with your red belt!! And, how awesome that you got to go to this conference!!!! So cool!!!

 
At February 10, 2011 at 2:40 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks what a lovely complement! I really enjoyed the conference. It was a fun experience.

 
At February 10, 2011 at 2:41 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! As much as I love color, black and white is a favorite combo. It was a great event.

 
At February 10, 2011 at 10:26 PM , Anonymous Daisydayz25 said...

Great cute outfit, I adore B&W and you paired it so well. That oval swing thing looks really cool

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home