<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Random

Friday, July 22, 2011

Random

27 of 30
Top: Nordstrom; Skirt: UO; Shoes: Target; Necklace: H&M; Clutch (purchased in Bahamas)

I’m feeling wordy today, so here are a few random Shen thoughts:

  • As an avid book reader, I’m mourning the loss of Border’s but I’ve contributed to its demise like everyone else. I've limited my book purchases and opted for my local library and Paperback Swap instead. When I do buy books, I typically get them used from Amazon. Will museums have photos of bookstores (and music stores) to remind future generations of things from past eras?
  • On a related note, I’m still holding out on buying a book reader though it would get a lot of use because I think it would lead to more book purchases. More book purchases would take away from my clothing budget…nice to see that I have my priorities in order.
  • Wonder if anyone else is excited about the come-back of 90’s Nikelodeon kids programming on TeenNick on Mondays from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. As most children of the 80s and 90s, I have fond memories of watching shows like Clarissa Explains It All, Doug and All That. The time period that the shows are running is not ideal for most working adults, but it will be nice to revisit them during my occasional night owl moments.

IMG_2786

  • I'm wondering if I should invest more of the considerable amount of time I spend on social media networks using Google +. Anyone else planning to be a frequent user? Having blog friends to connect with on there might make it worth while…
  • One of my favorite summer beverages is Iced Coffee which I was reminded of after reading this article. I prefer my tea hot and my coffee cold in the summer, I don’t know why.
  • I’ve purposely been avoiding looking at fall trends and lookbooks, but guess it’s time to start thinking about what I’d like to add to my wish lists for the fall.
  • I hope to see this documentary at some point over the weekend. I love this group and often play their music on my headphones during the work day.

IMG_2787

What random thoughts are on your mind today?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At July 22, 2011 at 7:43 AM , Anonymous Erin said...

I love G+ - you should definitely connect with some bloggers and use it more!

I also love the color combo in your outfit  :)

 
At July 22, 2011 at 9:17 AM , Anonymous SheRea DelSol said...

LOVE THE COLOR BLOCKING!!! These colors are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At July 22, 2011 at 11:18 AM , Anonymous Audrey said...

Great colors!

Audrey @ Putting Me Together

 
At July 22, 2011 at 12:14 PM , Anonymous Melliott930 said...

gahhh so many thoughts!

1) i LOVE tribe and i can't wait for that doc to come out
2) i'm really trying to get into google+ but maybe i'm just slow, cause i still don't quite understand it...
3) cannot WAIT for the 90s TV flashbacks!!
4) your color combinations are always so, so spot-on. love them, every time.

-Marie
So What If I Like Pretty Things

 
At July 22, 2011 at 3:47 PM , Anonymous navlandstyle said...

beautiful look hun! love the bright colors!

xo Nav
http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

 
At July 22, 2011 at 3:48 PM , Anonymous fashionforgiants said...

One of my favorite color combination - it's just lovely on you.

 
At July 22, 2011 at 11:10 PM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

Oh that's a creepy thought... in 100 years will people be like what?  Books were made of paper?? 

I connected to some bloggers on google+ but I don't use it that much.  The video chat feature is definitely the best part. 

 
At July 22, 2011 at 11:15 PM , Anonymous Shasie said...

I am so upset about Borders, but I have contributed to their demise by not spending enough time reading.Therefore i haven't gone to buy a book in a while...I can't believe that they are going out of business...so sad, and I'm not a fan of Barnes and Nobles, so what will be left? Sigh...I buy books the way I buy movies, to read/watch them over and over again, so I like to buy verse rent/borrow...oh well..borders always had great coupons too...maybe that was their issue also!

I didn't know that Nick was planning to bring back TeenNick!! I loved Clarissa!!!

I'm on google+, I havent used it that much yet, but I'm starting to get more into it

Shasie
of Live Life in
Style

 
At July 25, 2011 at 1:33 PM , Anonymous Spoilsofwear said...

I adore this outfit.  Will Nick be bringing back GUTS!?  Or is that still on?  I ditched cable a while ago, and bringing back those Saturday afternoon classics makes me miss it all the more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home