<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Preppy

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Preppy

IMG_3715
Shirt: Loft (old); Skirt: UO; Jewelry: borrowed; Shoes: Target
outfit 4-18-12

I have no problem with giving away clothing that haven't gotten frequent wear, I don't have a walk-in closet after all. As a result of my willingness to part with items, I have had a remorse over some clothing that I gave away or sold that I should have held onto for another season or two until the trend circled back again.  I almost gave this shirt away in a cleaning frenzy last season, but am happy I held onto it. It's a keeper, at least for the time being. 

IMG_3718

This outfit was inspired by an outfit in the spring J. Crew catalog. I'm afraid, I can't show you a picture of the inspiration because I have since recycled it; it didn't make the "keep" cut when I recently cleaned off my coffee table...

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At April 19, 2012 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Natasha Fatah said...

Cute look Shen!
I'm copying...er...stealing this one for sure. ;)

xoxo
www.natashafatah.blogspot.com

 
At April 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM , Anonymous Audrey @ Putting Me Together said...

You look sassy and beautiful as always.  My husband lets go of items very easily too.  It's his minimalist nature.  However, once in a while he'll have similar feelings of regret for having let go of something too easily.  It's alright, though.  That trend will eventually pass too.  

 
At April 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM , Anonymous Melissa said...

I'm glad you kept it too, you look fantastic!

 
At April 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 
At April 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM , Anonymous dee cee said...

you look gorgeous! love this look!

theMANEtopic.com

 
At April 21, 2012 at 4:58 AM , Anonymous Shasie said...

Cute look! The necklace is the perfect final touch!
Shasie of Live Life in Style

 
At April 23, 2012 at 8:45 AM , Anonymous Dye said...

I love love the combo!!!

 
At April 23, 2012 at 7:05 PM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

Um, this may be my favorite outfit of yours ever. Hold on to that skirt!

 
At April 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM , Anonymous Jupe_Cambria said...

Oh my stars, the popped colour makes this whole thing amazing...and your black and white photo of this outfit looks legit vintage, love the look!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

 
At April 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM , Anonymous simplychic08 said...

so cute!!! i love that first pic and the necklace. 

 
At April 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

haha, doesn't matter, my crew catalog is still lingering and i think i know just what you are referring too....

 
At April 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks!

 
At April 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM , Anonymous Sharon S said...

The JCrew catalog is the best for inspiration! I just bought a similar button down and you've given me  great way to style it :)

-Sharon
The Tiny Heart

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home