<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Style Profile: Style Pantry

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Style Profile: Style Pantry

Photos: Courtesy of Style Pantry

For this edition of Shen Style Profiles, Folake of Style Pantry was kind enough to answer a few questions about her style. Folakes mixes her personal style with posts that feature great insight and perspective fashion, art and design.  So let's get down to the questions!

Shen Dove: What inspired you to start your blog?

Folake: I needed a bucket of some sort to collect the style, creativity and talent I was constantly stumbling across on the internet.

Shen Dove: Where is the strangest place you’ve taken an outfit photo?

Folake: Is that a trick question? Haha. I don't venture out like other bloggers do. I literally just take pics when I'm starting my day in the morning, leaving out with my 3 kids.

Shen Dove: That's understandable. I stick to the same locations for my blog too.

Shen Dove: Do you have a piece of advice you'd like to convey to anyone interested in starting a blog that you wish someone had told you?

Folake: Yes, that be ready for people to pry. Your patience will be tested and you'll receive a hate mail (or more), from that one person that just doesn't like you or what you do.

Shen Dove: How would you describe your personal style? Is it influenced by your career/job?

Folake: My style is mostly credited to the 70s. I describe it has Three's Company meets Woodstock meets Today's fashion :)

Shen Dove: Please name a film, song or piece of artwork that embodies your current personal style. Can you explain your choice?

Folake: Maybe Cleopatra Jones? Seriously any movie from that era that showcased bell bottoms, big hair & big earrings.

Shen Dove: How does the city/town/burb you live in influence your style?

Folake: Well, I live in LA where the sun shines practically all year round. It allows for me to constantly wear caftans, long maxi skirts and dress, and flowy boho tops :)


Shen Dove: What shops/boutiques/websites do you have the most success with finding great things? Do you have an example of a great recent find?

Folake: I shop anywhere. I frequent swap meets, vintage stores, zara, free people, LF, H&M (the list goes on). My most recent and exciting find is OTK boots from LF Stores. They have been on repeat since I purchased them.

Shen Dove: What items are you excited about wearing next season?

Folake: Nothing in particular. I don't get excited about trends. I just have fun wearing beautiful clothes.

Shen Dove: Looking your best doesn't necessarily mean spending your entire paycheck, do you have any tips for shopping on a budget?

Folake: I'm an advocate for smart shopping. I shop bargains. I recommend waiting till end of a particular season before shopping because everything goes on sale and the advantage to waiting is, you are not wearing the pieces you buy when everyone else is doing so.



Shen Dove: Do you have any personal style rules you live by? If so, what are they?

Folake: The bigger the better. Big hair, big accessories, clothes 2 sizes bigger.

Shen Dove: Thanks for answering my questions Folake!

Be sure to check out Style Pantry if you aren't already!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home