<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: 13 of 30: Flared

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

13 of 30: Flared

13-of-30

I usually leave flared jeans to taller, leggier gals, but I couldn't resist these jeans when I saw them in the Gap while spending a Groupon late last year. I rarely get Groupon's not because I don't think they are great but because unless you were planning to purchase an item, you're just likely to spend more money than you planned when you go to the store to redeem the Groupon. Or maybe other people have better willpower than me and don't experience that...

outfit-13-of-30-deets

For the past two seasons, when I have worn jeans, they have usually been of the skinny (jegging) variety, but I added this pair to my 30 for 30 items to encourage myself to venture beyond the skinny silhouette. These jeans won't work in snowy weather because they are so long, so hopefully we're done with the snow for the season.

IMG_1833

Flared, skinny or bootcut are about as risky as I get with my denim choices.  Because of my size/proportions, "boyfriend" cut jeans just look sloppy (and not in a good way) on me.  Figure hugging denim is my personal preference.
So what's your denim preference for next season? Skinny? Flare? Bootcut? "Boyfriend"? Do tell!


Shirt: H&M
Jeans: Gap
Scarf: gifted
Sunnies: borrowed
Boots: Marshall's

Currently listening to: Golden by Jill Scott

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At February 15, 2011 at 8:46 PM , Anonymous Melissa said...

Holy cow, those jeans are perfection on you! I'm in love with that scarf, too.

I've only recently ventured into the skinny jean territory, so I will more than happy to go back to my wide-legged and boot-cut jeans next season!

 
At February 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Anonymous dotty said...

those jeans are fantastic! i think i might have to dig out some of my older jeans and see if they'll work for spring!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 1:01 AM , Anonymous Linda said...

I'm the same way with the Groupon. It seems like people are spending more money by 'saving.' This was a great choice on your part, though. Those jeans are fantastic on you!

The Auspicious Life

 
At February 16, 2011 at 1:58 AM , Anonymous Savannah said...

Love the flare on you! I have a couple pairs and they always make me feel taller even though us short girls aren't "supposed" to wear them ;) My love still lies with the skinny jean though, maybe it's because the length is always right! I love your scarf, you look so cool!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous Fajr Muhammad said...

Those jeans look great on you! I'm partial to flared, 70s style jeans as well. They just make a person look so effortlessly stylish.

 
At February 16, 2011 at 3:09 PM , Anonymous fashionforteens said...

Love this outfit! I'm petite too (and doing 30 for 30!) and pretty much only wear skinny jeans. I think they work for my tiny figure and really want to try flare jeans but am afraid that they will swallow me up! Lol. Boyfriends look terrible on me too...way to big and sloppy!
xo Liza

 
At February 16, 2011 at 3:10 PM , Anonymous Erin said...

Love the scarf paired with the wide-leg jeans! Reminds me of a cool motown girl...

 
At February 17, 2011 at 1:55 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! Definitely revisit those wide legged and boot cut jeans next season! They are superfun to wear!

 
At February 17, 2011 at 1:56 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! I'm really feeling the 70's inspiration for the spring and wider legged jeans definitely fit in with that!

 
At February 17, 2011 at 1:58 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! Sometimes I delete those Groupon emails as soon as I get them so I'm not tempted to buy them : )

I try to keep my shopping within reason.

 
At February 17, 2011 at 1:59 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! I haven't worn this scarf much since it was given to me, but I will definitely make a point to wear it more often.

 
At February 17, 2011 at 1:59 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 
At February 17, 2011 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

I looked at your blog and love your 30 for 30 outfits so far!

Boyfriend jeans are best left to taller gals, I really think its best to only adopt trends that work for your body.

 
At February 17, 2011 at 2:01 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! I love that era too.

 
At February 18, 2011 at 6:10 PM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

I love cool partially black and white photo effects, it's one of my favorites though I never do it for my photos. I always go for skinny but I might try flares this spring-- middle school throwback! And geometric earrings + aviators + scarf = love!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home