<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Friend Friday: What to Wear?

Friday, January 14, 2011

Friend Friday: What to Wear?

Happy Friday folks! This week's Friend Friday questions revolve around something all style bloggers obviously have a penchant for: outfits! Even if you aren't a blogger, what you choose to wear has implications on how you view yourself and also how others view you.

iStock_000005893737XSmall


  1. How do you determine what you will wear that day? To keep it real, my first consideration when determining what I will wear for any given day is seeing what’s clean : ) After that determination is made, I consider what the weather is predicted to be like, this is especially important in the extreme seasons of winter and summer. Not adding or removing a layer or clothing from an outfit in either winter or summer can possibly mean discomfort for the whole day. My last determination is what do I FEEL like wearing that day; I’m motivated by color on most days, so I think about what color I’d enjoy wearing that day. Some days, I simply feel like wearing the brightest color I can get my hands on and other days I really feel like wearing all black.
  2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend? Unless I have a special event to dress for (night out on the town, wedding, formal event, business meeting, etc), I rarely plan out my outfits in advance. This is not necessarily a good thing because I often am running around my room trying to build an outfit, watch the morning news and fix my lunch all at the same time in the mornings and this can lead to getting behind schedule though I am typically a punctual person…smh. The only time in 2010 when I consistently picked out my outfits on a daily basis was when I participated in Kendi’s summer 30 for 30 challenge. I mainly picked out outfits in advance during this time period because I had to make sure the item I envisioned wearing was clean (less days to stretch until laundry day) and to make sure I didn’t inadvertently repeat an entire outfit.
  3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don't repeat? I have no way what-so-ever to keep track of outfits and items already worn so I don’ t repeat….because I usually don’t care about repeating outfits. Let’s be real, if I can’t remember what I wore two Wednesday’s ago, will anyone else I interact with today really notice (or care) if I repeat a shirt or a dress? Probably not. I do try not to repeat outfits in their entirety that I’m photographed in though.
  4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet? (Trial try-ons? Hanging items together?) When I have down time at home, I occasionally try on outfits so I can mentally note them for future wear. When I get inspired to try a look, I sometimes also draw or photograph outfit ideas in case I need the visual reminder. I really plan to draw/photograph/bookmark outfit ideas more in the future, I rarely wear certain wardrobe pieces because with me; it’s really ‘out of sight, out of mind’ when it comes to clothing/accessories. I’ve been toying with the idea of purchasing a dress form to house current favorite clothing items and accessories so I can see them better and also because I’ve had the goal/resolution consistently for the past few years to learn basic sewing skills. I’ll get around to achieving this goal one of these days.
  5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do to cut down your dressing time? In 2011, I definitely plan to get better at choosing outfits in advance. It’s a time saver and so silly that I waste so much time figuring out what to wear on a daily basis. I also plan to re-organize my closet so I can better see what I actually have so I’m not just reaching for the same items over and over.

If you're interested in participating in Friend Friday, visit the creator of Friend Friday, Modly Chic to learn more.

Have a lovely weekend!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At January 14, 2011 at 7:41 AM , Blogger Collette Osuna said...

Great FF answers....some of ours are the same:)

Happy Friday!

Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my Lulus Giftcard Giveaway!!♥

 
At January 14, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Colete Osuna Thanks for visiting, I'll definitely stop by your blog to say hi!

 
At January 14, 2011 at 10:23 AM , Blogger KT said...

LOL - I love your first response. To check if it is clean is probably the first thing most of us do but not everyone is going to admit to. Way to be real. - Katy

 
At January 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM , Blogger FineNaturalHairandFaith said...

You and I sound a lot alike. I didn't share my opinions on getting dressed because its not related to my blog but its also boring to me.

BUT I did highlight your blog of the 75+ that submitted their Friend Friday posts.

You'll find it here: http://www.freshradiantskin.com/blog/post/2858606

Michelle

 
At January 14, 2011 at 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Michelle Thanks for stopping by and for your honesty! I'll be sure to check out your blog.

 
At January 14, 2011 at 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound exactly like me, when planning your outfits! How I feel that morning and what the weather's like are my two major indicators for outfit decisions.

hope you have a great weekend!

xoxo-
Kimberly

 
At January 15, 2011 at 1:04 AM , Blogger Linda said...

I wrote about what is clean, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

And YES, YES. If you can't remember if you wore something before no one else will either. Perfect answer to that!

The Auspicious Life

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home