<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Winter Reading List

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter Reading List

It's that time again for me to make my winter reading list. Being a list maker and a visual person, I love having any love any excuse to make a visual of lists. This year, I plan to start reviewing some of the books I've read because the one thing I love more than fashion and books is talking about books I've read...I'm such a nerd sometimes : )

I've decided that 2011 is going to be a year where I really focus on self-development and reading my personal potential. That theme seems to run through most of the books I have on my winter reading list.

2011 Winter Book List



The Fountainhead - This is one of those classics that I have been meaning to read since high school. I think it's about time I read it.

The War of Art: Break Through the Block and Win Your Inner Creative Battles - I don't recall where I heard about this book, but I'm sure it was from some news article or blog. The title and play on words was intriguing to me, so I decided I'd give it a try.

The ELLEments of Style - I love coffee table books about style and fashion. I rarely buy them because of space (and budget) limitations, but I've been picking them up from the library occasionally for the past year. If I really enjoy this one, I might consider purchasing, but we'll see.

The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships - I know many people have an opinion on books in this vein (manifestation and the law of attraction) but as a goal-oriented person that really believes in the power of positive thinking and affirmation, I do enjoy the message of authors like Esther and Jerry Hicks. I decided to add this one to the book list after reading a review by one of my favorite hair/fashion blogs, Mane and Chic .

Write it Down, Make it Happen - Another book that I learned about via Mane and Chic. I have been sporadically writing down my goals and dreams for years, but not in any strategic way, so I thought this book might help me to do that after reading about it.

The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Weight Loss, Incredible Sex and Becoming Superhuman - I want to read this book mainly out of curiosity and the fact that I did enjoy Timothy Ferriss's first book, The 4-Hour Work Week. I really want to see if the book lives up to its grandiose title. I figure if it's a good read, I can share it with male friends because I like giving books as gifts (naturally).

So what books do you plan to read this winter?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 11, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i read the fountainhead a few years ago since i'm an architecture student. some people like it and others don't, but i definitely think it's a classic to know!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home