<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Summer Reading List

Friday, August 6, 2010

Summer Reading List


I'm a little shocked by how quickly the summer is speeding by. Before the summer offocially ends, I'd like to try and read all of the books above. I have always enjoyed reading for pleasure from a number of genres from self-development, to business/entrepreneurship, to memoirs, to historical novels, to fantasy/supernatural, to a good mystery/thriller. Though the number of books I read vary depending on my schedule, I do a lot of my recreational reading during my public transportation commute which is like is built-in time for me to read each day (I'm so not a driver!). These days, I get most of my books from my local library, Paperbackswap or Amazon.
Here are the reasons why I chose the books on my summer reading list:

Infidel - I heard this was an interesting memoir from a friend.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - I was initially intriged by the title and the fact that I've seen this book just about everywhere over the past several months.
Making Ideas Happen - I love reading for information and it's high time I start figuring out how to implement all the ideas I have swirling around in my head, so I thought this book would be a start.
*itch is the New Black - I've also read about this memoir in a few magazines and blogs and the title alone is intriguing.
Vegan Cupcakes Takeover the World - I'm not a vegan, but I am a semi-vegetarian and not a big fan of dairy, so I thought I'd give a few recipes a try. I'm trying to improve my baking skills overall, but I've decided that cupcakes will be my signature dessert.
The Carrie Diaries - Because I need a bit a fluff just to read for fun and I'm not ashamed to say that I sometimes enjoy books clearly geared toward a teen/young adult audience.

Do you have any books on your summer reading list?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 6, 2010 at 6:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I've also got 'Infidel' on my reading list!

 
At January 15, 2011 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Shen Dove said...

Hey I've also got 'Infidel' on my reading list!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home