<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Adventures in Jewelry Making

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Adventures in Jewelry Making

17 of 30 bw with text
Top: H&M; Skirt: UO; Necklace: self-made (materials c/o Michael's); Bag: thrifted; 
Sandals: Jessica Simpson via Dillard's

Holy wrinkled skirt!  I had no idea I walked out of the house so wrinkled until I looked at this photo...oh well.  I don't care much for ironing and removing wrinkles in clothing is a bit beyond my current Photoshop skills. Forgive me!

On another note, I was given a giftcard from Michael's and purchased materials to create my first piece of jewelry,  it's been a goal this year to try to explore my crafty side, so this turned out to be a fun project and timely project!  Here is a synopsis of how I made the necklace:

DIY Necklace
 

If you'd like to explore your own crafty side, use this code to pick up materials to create your own statement piece this summer.

IMG_2707


Note: I received a $50 Michael's giftcard to purchase the materials to create my necklace.  I chose to write about this project because I thought it would interest my readers and will always make an effort to be transparent about any items or materials I receive.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At July 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM , Anonymous LePetiteLemon said...

Oooh, very nice necklace!  Sometimes, I forget how simple it is to create a statement piece!  I shall get started on one right away!  :D  Thanks for the inspiration!  

 
At July 2, 2011 at 1:18 PM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

I love the necklace!  It's so summery and my favorite part is the blue/green disk in the center. Working for a jewelry company, I've tried many times to create things but ultimately have to accept that I have no talent for design :(

 
At July 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Anonymous Mrs. J said...

Great job with the necklace it turned out beautiful. I love finding DIY projects and I'm trying to be more crafty too.  Love the yellow bag!! :)

 
At July 2, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Anonymous zarna said...

the necklace looks great!

 
At July 2, 2011 at 10:47 PM , Anonymous Shasie said...

I'm so in love with craft stores! Love them! Very cool necklace, great DIY



Shasie 
Live Life in
Style

 
At July 3, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

I love that you always use selective color to make your photos pop! The necklace came out great, and I do love the color!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 7:11 PM , Anonymous Shannon said...

I agree with Lyddiegal, this is a great technique!

The necklace is stunning! 

-Shanny

http://truequeen.com

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Anonymous Hope Grant said...

Ummm where did you get the necklace "maker" (for lack of better word)! I love it!! I need one of those!!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!  I bought the bead placement thing (don't know correct word) from Michaels.  It came in a kit that had fastenings and wire for making earrings, neckalces and bracelets.  It was around $20 if I recall correctly. 

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home