<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Seeing Red

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Seeing Red

12 of 30
Top: c/o Land's End Canvas via Lucky; Skirt: UO; Shoes: Nine West; Jewelry: H&M

 I decided to add this red skirt as my final 30 for 30 item because it served me so well when I did the 30 for 30 last summer.  After all, if it's not broke, why try to fix it?  I wanted to make sure my last item was something I could easily wear to work or any other occasion and this skirt fit that criteria.  To give credit where credit is due, my outfit was inspired by this lady's outfit.

I have exactly one shot of this outfit which was not an intentional decision but because my camera battery promptly died after I took one photo before leaving for work on Friday morning. I didn't have time to take more photos later that day.   Bummer!  Rest assured that I learned my lesson and will remember to charge my camera from now on.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At June 26, 2011 at 4:15 PM , Anonymous alltumbledown said...

Glad you added this skirt, because it is amazing! And lucky you that your one picture is totally usable.

 
At June 26, 2011 at 5:40 PM , Anonymous Manecoarse said...

Oh, my.  What gorgeous shoes.  I love them.

 
At June 26, 2011 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous Sorren Isler said...

Oh my, I totally hate when that happens. At least you got one great photo! I have a red skirt, looks like I'm going to have to give this one a try at the end of the 30.

 
At June 26, 2011 at 9:54 PM , Anonymous Districtofchic said...

I love those bright sandals! How cool!

 
At June 26, 2011 at 11:54 PM , Anonymous Shasie said...

I wore stripes with red shorts a few weeks ago. I love that combo



Shasie 
Live Life in
Style

 
At June 27, 2011 at 12:42 AM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

That has totally happened to me! at least your one shot was a good one.
I've found that if you've got five minutes, stick the battery on the charger and you can get just enough juice to get through your photos.

love the red skirt, glad it made it in!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 2:52 AM , Anonymous Chaucee said...

I love this top and skirt together! Ps You need to do a hair tutorial. I love the way you style it!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 10:09 AM , Anonymous Onada said...

I love your outfit AND your shoes!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 1:54 PM , Anonymous Melissa said...

That's why I go for cameras that use batteries and I have some on hand. I wouldn't remember to keep it charged.

I love those shoes with that skirt!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 11:29 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!  Hmm hair tutorial...never even thought of that!  I might give it a try : )

 
At June 27, 2011 at 11:29 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 11:33 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady! I try to remember to charge my camera and it actually holds a charge a good while, but it was one of those rare occasions that I just forgot!  What a great idea about having batteries on hand. 

 
At June 27, 2011 at 11:33 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!  I will definitely do that from now on.

 
At June 27, 2011 at 11:33 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 
At June 28, 2011 at 1:50 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Hey lady, I stumbled across this on Refinery 29 and thought I'd share: 

http://www.refinery29.com/on-a-roll-check-out-this-easy-diy-gibson-roll-hair-tutorial

This is pretty much how I do my hair except the model's hair is obviously longer and straighter.  I didn't even know the style had a name until I saw this!

 
At June 29, 2011 at 12:37 AM , Anonymous Mrs. J said...

I usually forget to bring my memory card, but I usually keep spare batteries. You picked a great inspiration she always puts such cool pieces together. I love how you added the color-block heels in the mix! 

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home