<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: 12 of 30: Happy Valentine's Day!

Monday, February 14, 2011

12 of 30: Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day friends!  I hope you gave and showed love and positivity with your loved ones and others around you today. 

12-of-30


It's Monday again, so it's time to participate in Melissa and Hope's Fabulous in February Challenge which calls for participants to share three positive things about themselves on each Monday of the month of February.  I think this challenge is a great exercise in celebrating the positive things about ourselves.  So here is my list!

  1. I'm great at developing ideas/solving problems.  Whether I am completing a task at work or trying to help a friend, I love to use my imagination to create ideas/solve problems or put a new spin on an existing idea.
  2. I'm really good at building outfits with existing items in my closet.  My wardrobe isn't excessively large (in my opinion) and my wallet is not bottom-less, so this skill serves me well.  I love participating in Kendi's 30 for 30 because it forces me to flex my 'remixing muscles'  and not rely on new purchases to create outfits that I enjoy wearing.
  3. I'm excellent at explaining/describing movie and book plots to people.  Kind of random, but if I've seen a movie or read a book, I can summarize it for you in great (but not excessive) detail.  This hasn't proven to be a marketable skill for me so far, but you never know...


12-of-30-deets

On another note, I am a few days behind in posting outfits, so this is not actually what I'm wearing today, but I did have red accents in my outfit in honor of Valentine's Day, you'll see a little later this week.  Well that's all for now! Happy Monday!

Shirt: H&M
Shorts: Urban Outfitters
Cardigan: Forever 21
Glasses: Urban Outfitters
Boots: c/o Timberland/Lucky Magazine

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At February 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM , Anonymous Melissa said...

I love the black and brown in this outfit! That soft pink is so sweet on you too.

You sound like such an amazing person. I wish I could be better at problem solving! And I wish I could actually remember movies. I tend to forget them almost instantly!

 
At February 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM , Anonymous Hope said...

#2 is SO, SO true- I love your remixing abilities and I wouldn't have guessed that you closet is big. I love the problem-solving positive too- what an important skill to have! :)

 
At February 15, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Anonymous Sorren Isler said...

I love the brown boots with this mostly-black ensemble. The soft pink and brown just draw into each other in the softess way - love.

I've tagged you with the stylish blogger award, it's about two posts ago, if you'd like to check it out! :)

 
At February 15, 2011 at 9:14 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks Melissa!

If you ever need to a refresher on a movie you saw, let me know and I could definitely summarize it for you...lol.

 
At February 15, 2011 at 9:17 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! Connecting with other people that enjoy remixing their clothes is an added bonus that blogging has provided!

 
At February 15, 2011 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks Sorren! That's so sweet of you. I don't know how I missed that! I'll check it out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home