<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Friend Friday: Holiday Parties

Friday, December 17, 2010

Friend Friday: Holiday Parties

Happy Friday folks! December is really speeding by, but there's still some celebrating to do between now and New Year's, so this week's Friend Friday questions are quite appropriate. Here are my responses below:

Which holiday party are you looking forward to attending this year? I’m looking forward to attending holiday parties hosted by a few non-profit organizations I support because it’s an opportunity to connect with friends that believe in the same causes as I do and there is also usually opportunities to donate to charities or causes right there at the party. Parties are fun during the holiday season, but I think it’s also important to support organizations and causes that make a difference in your community through-out the year.

Holiday-Party

Image

What is your go-to holiday party outfit? My go-to holiday part outfit is a skirt, dark tights, heels/boots and a blazer. This is usually a fail-safe outfit that is also warm, which is a requirement for all my outfits during this time of year. After all, you can’t be so focused on looking cute that you freeze to death!

Worn November 4, 2009



Do you go dressed in something that would be impractical to wear at any other time of the year? I’m a very practical dresser regardless of the time of year or the occasion. The only change in my holiday looks during this time of year is to wear my skirts that are a bit shorter because I can wear opaque tights and jackets over them if I want to go for a more conservative look. I have a few skirts that just don’t feel quite right without tights.

If you are going to a house-party what gift will you bring to the host/hostess?If my host/hostess don’t have small children, I’ll bring something like scented candles or wine; if my host/hostess does have small children, I’ll bring something more family-friendly like dessert or a game all ages can enjoy.


jo malone candle

Image

If you could buy only one trendy piece to update your holiday party wardrobe, what would you get this year? I feel that I have enough clothing to work with to create a nice holiday look, so I’d get a statement necklace (preferably an original piece) because accessories can really change the whole feel of an outfit. As much as I love color, when all else fails, I can wear a little black dress, fantastic jewelry and black heels. That look will definitely stand the test of time.




statement necklace

Image

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home