Top: Nordstrom; Skirt: UO; Shoes: Target; Necklace: H&M; Clutch (purchased in Bahamas)
I’m feeling wordy today, so here are a few random Shen thoughts:
- As an avid book reader, I’m mourning the loss of Border’s but I’ve contributed to its demise like everyone else. I've limited my book purchases and opted for my local library and Paperback Swap instead. When I do buy books, I typically get them used from Amazon. Will museums have photos of bookstores (and music stores) to remind future generations of things from past eras?
- On a related note, I’m still holding out on buying a book reader though it would get a lot of use because I think it would lead to more book purchases. More book purchases would take away from my clothing budget…nice to see that I have my priorities in order.
- Wonder if anyone else is excited about the come-back of 90’s Nikelodeon kids programming on TeenNick on Mondays from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. As most children of the 80s and 90s, I have fond memories of watching shows like Clarissa Explains It All, Doug and All That. The time period that the shows are running is not ideal for most working adults, but it will be nice to revisit them during my occasional night owl moments.
- I'm wondering if I should invest more of the considerable amount of time I spend on social media networks using Google +. Anyone else planning to be a frequent user? Having blog friends to connect with on there might make it worth while…
- One of my favorite summer beverages is Iced Coffee which I was reminded of after reading this article. I prefer my tea hot and my coffee cold in the summer, I don’t know why.
- I’ve purposely been avoiding looking at fall trends and lookbooks, but guess it’s time to start thinking about what I’d like to add to my wish lists for the fall.
- I hope to see this documentary at some point over the weekend. I love this group and often play their music on my headphones during the work day.
What random thoughts are on your mind today?