<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Friend Friday: Spring Trends 2011

Friday, April 8, 2011

Friend Friday: Spring Trends 2011

This week's Friend Friday installment revolves around a subject that many ladies have on their minds regardless of whether they maintain blogs or not... spring clothing (and accessories)!  So here are five spring trends that I will be rocking this season:

  1. Maxi Dresses and Skirts.  The maxi dresses and skirts that I own will definitely be in rotation this spring!  I think maxis are a universally flattering piece if you find the right one for your size/height, so I'm happy that they are "on trend."
  2. Color Blocking.  I'd really like to try my hand at color blocking with fun bright colors like orange, green, yellow and pink.  I've seen some great options in my local H&M and would like to take a thrifting excursion to see what I can find to make this trend happen.
  3. Flared Pants and Jeans.  I've been wearing my favorite pair of flare jeans for several weeks and I'll continue to wear them through out the spring.  If I see a great pair of flare pants in either white or a bright color/print that fit in my budget, I'd definitely purchase them.
  4. Prints.  I love prints of all types: floral, animal, ethnic, etc., they never go out of style for me personally, so I plan to wear them as I usually do in the spring time.
  5. Wild card. I couldn't decide what the last spring trend would be that I will try.  I'm thinking along the lines of accessories or make-up.  Some possibilities I've been contemplating include: orange nail polish, lipstick in a pink shade (I'm usually a lip gloss girl), or a neutral colored clutch.

Images: via, via, via

What spring trends do you plan to adopt this season? 

Labels:

4 Comments:

At April 8, 2011 at 9:56 AM , Anonymous Moniquezuman said...

I used that lippy in my post too!!

I am loving the color blocking trend at the moment!!

Monique xx

 
At April 8, 2011 at 12:26 PM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

These are all trends I want to wear this spring too! I'm definitely keeping an eye out for a maxi dress or two. Also, those white flares = amazing. I really want some white pants or shorts!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 3:54 PM , Anonymous Ceri said...

definitely lots of prints especially florals. I love the seventies flared jeans too and colour block

 
At April 11, 2011 at 7:17 PM , Anonymous MissRockwell said...

Flared pants are great. So happy to finally be getting away from the skinnies. I'm so sick of them!!

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home