<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: DIY: What Color Should I Dye My Skirt?

Friday, September 30, 2011

DIY: What Color Should I Dye My Skirt?

My shopping budget is tapped out at the moment, and it's just as well because I need to start saving my pennies for my 2012 travel budget anyway.  Since I can't shop, I figured that it was time to take a  look at my clothing and see if I could give any of my items a new lease on life.  I decided that I love the shape and fit of the Forever21 skirt seen below, but I'm not in love with the color, so it's now a candidate for dying.

White Skirt

I was inspired by Megan Nielsen to try my first attempt at dying several months ago and it's pretty easy but I haven't made time to dye or overdye any other items. Here are a few swatches from RIT Dye website that I'm considering:

What Color Should I Dye My Skirt

So readers, I'll ask you what color should I choose?

Labels:

12 Comments:

At September 30, 2011 at 10:03 AM , Anonymous Technosyncratic said...

Oooh, I really like that teal color.... but teh interwebs are saying that orange is "the" color of the fall season, so.... I don't know.  :)

I can't wait to see how it turns out!  I've never been brave (or creative) enough to dye an article of clothing before.

 
At September 30, 2011 at 10:50 AM , Anonymous martinalynne said...

That orange is bonkers -- you'd get so much mileage out of that classic, sunny color. I vote orange!

 
At September 30, 2011 at 11:47 AM , Anonymous arinn westendorf said...

 i'd go for the teal or blue...! 

 
At September 30, 2011 at 12:23 PM , Anonymous Leslie said...

definitely the  orange or denim blue! im not crazy about the green.

 
At September 30, 2011 at 1:22 PM , Anonymous TOBeautyReviews said...

I choose the orange!!!!  Perfect for all seasons!

 
At September 30, 2011 at 2:09 PM , Anonymous Katherine said...

Hi Shen,

I vote for the Sunshine Orange - a warm yet fun mood enhancer and looks great with camel, the color for the fall season!

Can't wait to see the final results!

Eco-fashionably yours,

Katherine

 
At September 30, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

I'd go for orange, but I have been in a seriously orange mood lately. Especially with the fall weather! 

 
At September 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM , Anonymous LePetiteLemon said...

I'm seeing a lot of responses for orange!  I'm for it, but also put in a vote for the teal color!  =P  

 
At October 2, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Anonymous ClosetConfections said...

I'm between the teal and sunshine orange.  Can't wait to see which one you choose!

Kendra
Closet Confections - A Sweet Little Fashion Blog

 
At October 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM , Anonymous cheapchicinchicago said...

Orange!

 
At October 4, 2011 at 4:47 PM , Anonymous Heidi/Closet Coach said...

I like the teal, but that orange would be super sassy.

 
At October 5, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Mrs. J said...

Hmmm...Kelly Green or Orange! 

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home