<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Paint the Town Red

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Paint the Town Red

IMG_3095
Shirt: thrifted; "Jeggings": UO; Boots: Go Jane; Belt/Bracelets: H&M; 
Necklace: Claire's: Earrings: ?

I was walking through my local drug store recently and decided to do something I've literally never done before, I bought a tube of lipstick. Cover Girl Queen Collection's Paint the Town Red to be specific.  That's not a big deal for most, but I literally never wear lipstick.  I could have five tubes of lip gloss in my purse at any given time, but no lipstick.  I have the slight fear of looking like a kid playing in make-up.  I'm still not sure if I'm feeling red lipstick enough to wear it regularly, but you've gotta shake things up make-up wise here and there right? I think next time, I'll go for a less bright color in the plum family though. Now to conquer my fear of incorrectly applying smoky eye make-up...

IMG_3094
IMG_3096

Labels:

6 Comments:

At September 28, 2011 at 11:12 PM , Anonymous Lovely Imperfections said...

Love, this outfit....A little pop of Red~~

 
At September 29, 2011 at 12:36 AM , Anonymous Kari. said...

I did the exact same thing today! And I never ever wear lipstick. OH. mY. I looked in the mirror, and I wondered who the hell was looking back?! It's for my new job in DC -- I start on Monday. Maybe we can do a meet up at some point. :-)

 
At September 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Anonymous Monica Latia said...

I wish I have the nerve to wear red lipstick.

 
At September 30, 2011 at 10:01 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Good luck with your new job!  We can certainly meet up at some point : ) If you intend to go to any fashion events in the area, let me know and I'll do the same.

 
At September 30, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Give it a try!

 
At October 5, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Mrs. J said...

You did a wonderful job with the red lipstick and make-up is all about having fun. You just have to find what works best for you. 

Love this outfit, especially the wide red belt and little booties! 

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home