<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: The Skirt Collector

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Skirt Collector

Outfit-4.21.11_3

Dress (worn as shirt): Forever 21; Skirt: Gap; Shoes: Target; Jewelry: H&M/Jess LC/purchased in Mexico

I can't remember where I saw it first, but I do acknowledge the fact that if it weren't for fashion/style blogs, it probably wouldn't have occurred to me to use a dress as a layering piece.  I usually feel like I have a shirt deficit in comparison to my skirt collection, so pretending that my dresses are tops makes me feel like I have more tops to wear with my skirts.

Outfit 4.21.11_2

I never thought of my skirts as a collection until I wrote the previous sentence.  At different points of my childhood I collected rocks, dolls, coins, books, and beanie babies...now I collect skirts.


Outfit 4.21.11_1

What clothing items do you collect?

Labels:

18 Comments:

At April 21, 2011 at 5:38 PM , Anonymous Moniquezuman said...

Can I please have your skirt?

Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

 
At April 21, 2011 at 5:40 PM , Anonymous Melanie said...

Clutches, but yet I never carry them! At least you get some use out of your collection. :)
And I have to give style blogs credit for educating me on the possibilities of dresses as shirts. And I can honestly admit that it never would have occurred to me without the blogosphere!

 
At April 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

Oh, I collect em all! I wanted to add that skirt to my collection, but missed out on it playing the waiting game - by the time it was on sale my size was gone.

 
At April 21, 2011 at 8:35 PM , Anonymous shealennon said...

I have that skirt too, and now I have a great new idea for styling it! I'll have to try a dress as a top--thanks!

 
At April 21, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Anonymous dotty said...

i heart the idea of considering collecting skirts as a hobby!

and that dress works wonderfully as a top!

 
At April 22, 2011 at 1:20 AM , Anonymous Chaucee said...

LOVE this look! I keep kicking myself that I didn't buy it when it went on sale.

 
At April 22, 2011 at 2:35 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Maybe not have, but you can certainly borrow it : )

 
At April 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one : )

 
At April 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Bummer! But your skirt collection is pretty awesome without this one : )

 
At April 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Cool, you're welcome!

 
At April 22, 2011 at 2:37 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 
At April 22, 2011 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Aww! I'd be willing to do a swap with you when you get back to the US : ) Maybe you'd be willing to part temporarily with one of your great scarves or a skirt?

 
At April 23, 2011 at 12:21 AM , Anonymous Jess W. said...

Such a pretty look! I've been avoiding collection tendencies because I get so carried away! I used to collect jeans....but I guess now, it's cardigans and skirts as well. =)

 
At April 23, 2011 at 4:36 AM , Anonymous Wangari M said...

A very lovely look. I would have never thought of using dresses as tops or bottoms for that matter it hadn't been for style/fashion blogs.

 
At April 23, 2011 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous MyFashionConfession said...

That dress makes a great blouse!

Ashley @ http://truefashionconfession.blogspot.com/

 
At April 27, 2011 at 11:36 AM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

Whoa crazy I'm looking at that F21 dress on the website now hahahaa. I love how you wore it here with that skirt and love the new theme too!

 
At April 27, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 
At April 28, 2011 at 12:23 PM , Anonymous Melliott930 said...

Beautiful!! I have that skirt in black, I totally love it :) It's the only pleated thing that's every actually looked cute on me!

-Marie
So What If I Like Pretty Things

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home