<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Maxi Casual

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Maxi Casual

Denim Jacket: Forever 21; Maxi Skirt: Forever 21; Black Heels: Nine West; Sunnies: H&M; Clutch: ?

 I love skirts of all lengths from mini, to midi to maxi.  For some reason, I don't think to wear longer skirts in the winter, but now that spring is here, I'm happy to wear them again.  I don't believe in the rule that just because you are short means that you should not wear maxi skirts or dresses.  Maxi skirts were my skirt length of choice during high school.  I'm still happy to wear them occasionally as an adult.

As long as a maxi skirt is worn with heels, I think they work just fine for short ladies too. 


For those that follow style rules, it's okay to bend (or break) them once in while.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At March 22, 2011 at 9:49 AM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

I've always been scared to try maxi dresses/skirts because of my height, but I never thought about pairing it with heels!! I always wore flats with mine and held the side up. Will def. be trying this soon!! Your outfit is great!!

 
At March 22, 2011 at 10:34 AM , Anonymous Melanie said...

Funny, even though they offer more coverage I tend to avoid maxi skirts in the winter too. I guess it's the fear of getting the hem all wet in the snow and slush. :)
You look fabulous in this maxi and I'm drooling over that clutch!

 
At March 22, 2011 at 5:23 PM , Anonymous Chaucee said...

You look lovely : ) Maxis are my new favorite!

 
At March 22, 2011 at 7:32 PM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

I love maxi skirts too, but yes definitely with heels. I'm jealous you're in denim jackets already... it's going to snow here tomorrow. I don't know how I'm going to make it out of bed :P

 
At March 22, 2011 at 10:01 PM , Anonymous Asiancajuns (Cath) said...

I'm all about maxi skirts too even though I'm sure. I'd really like to find a great maxi dress for the summer. Love how you paired it with a denim jacket.

 
At March 22, 2011 at 10:01 PM , Anonymous shealennon said...

I finally bought a maxi dress and I can't wait to style it up for warm weather. I love this cute, casual look!

 
At March 23, 2011 at 12:13 AM , Anonymous Linda said...

You need to reach out to all the other petite ladies out there. One of the EBEW choices is the maxi and people are already arguing against it because it is not petite-friendly. CLEARLY it IS because it looks GREAT on YOU!

The Auspicious Life

 
At March 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! You can totally wear maxis with heels, def give it a try! I'm hoping maxi's get picked for the next Every Body, Every Where so I have an excuse to wear another again : )

 
At March 27, 2011 at 1:38 AM , Anonymous Godsfavoriteshoes said...

That clutch!?!? WHAT WHAT WHAT! I see right now that we couldn't be friends. I take clutches. I'm a thief. And I would straight JACK that one from your hands! (I'm quite violent when it comes to clothes:)

 
At March 27, 2011 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks Lol! You are too funny!

 
At March 27, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

I voted for the maxi skirt for EBEW! I totally pulling for it : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home