<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Summer Hair Products

Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Hair Products

I don't talk much about hair on my blog (I leave that to the experts!). But like most people, I definitely use hair products and have items that I reach for on a consistent basis. Before the summer ends, I wanted to post the hair products I've been using this season. 

Summer Hair Products


Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Threat Shampoo
Giovanni Deep Moisture Shampoo
Aveda Brilliant Shampoo
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Oyin Handmade's Juices and Berries Leave-In Conditioner Spray
Jane Carter's Wrap and Roll
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Oyin Shine and Define Styling Serum

I have chemical free type 4a hair that is very coily.  I rarely wear my hair out unless it is blow dried or straightened with a flat iron.  I think updos work well for all settings (work and casual), so that's what I've stuck to lately.  I have not applied any heat to my hair this summer.  I have also self trimmed my hair this summer.  

When the temperatures are cooler this fall, I plan to straighten my hair at least once and get a professional style and trim.  When I use up all of my current shampoos, I will consider trying one of Shea Moisture's shampoos or Oyin Handmade's Shampoo bar because I like and use other products from both companies.  I also plan to resume henna treatments (which basically serve the same purpose as protein treatments).  Applying henna to hair also serves as natural hair color, but I have not experienced drastic change to my hair color with henna. I just saw a slight reddish tint in direct sunlight.  I was consistently doing henna treatments every six weeks during the winter, but because the process is time consuming, I haven't done any in the last few months. I have used Aphogee Two Minute Recontructor as my stand-in "protein treatment."

My current regime pretty much consists of:
  1. Detangle hair with conditioner and water or leave-in conditioner spray.
  2. Shampoo hair focusing on scalp.
  3. Spritz with Apple Cider Vinegar to restore PH balance if a clarifying shampoo is used.
  4. Deep condition for a minimum of 30 minutes (with heat typically).
  5. Twist or braid hair using styling aid or coconut oil
  6. Let hair air dry overnight in twists or braids.
  7. Either pin up twists/braids or untwist/braid hair and pin into an updo.
  8. Lightly spray hair with leave-in conditioner daily.
  9. Retwist hair with leave-in conditioner at night if needed.
  10. Untwist and restyle using coconut oil in the morning.
While we're on the topic of hair, I've been perusing the Internet for hair inspiration to add to my pinterest hair style board because I think I'm due for a change.   

What sites do you visit for hair style inspiration (for hair of all types)? Do you switch up hair products from season to season (I DO)?

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home