<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Summer's Arrival

Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer's Arrival



I watched half of the the documentary, The September Issue on Netflix over the weekend. It was an interesting peek into who the much talked about, Anna Wintour and she talked a little about how she ascended to her position. But from what I've seen, it does not take the place of my current favorite fashion documentary, The Last Emperor which is about illustrious designer, Valentino. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what this year's Vogue September issue has to offer. I'm loving the warm weather, but for some reason, I always get excited about fall clothing. Maybe its because for so many years I went back-to-school shopping for a few clothing items to start off my school year.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend with the Dad's in their life. Due to my out-of-commission camera, the picture above was taken by my Dad with his camera. Thanks Dad! I don't normally wear more than one item from any store, but I felt all the items were complementary and I liked the idea of wearing florals in celebration of the official start of summer.

Top: Nordstrom (Junior's section)
Skirt: Nordstrom (Junior's section)
Belt: Nordstrom (Junnior's section)
Shoes: Jessica Simpson via Dillard's


Labels:

5 Comments:

At June 23, 2010 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Great outfit!! I still need to watch The Last Emperor, I loved The September Issue!

Lovely blog, following you on bloglovin!!

<3 Kelly
sourtang.com

 
At June 24, 2010 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Shen Dove said...

@Kelly Thanks! You will love the Last Emperor if you're into fashion history. Valentino is such a unique figure, there's no one else like him.

 
At June 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Christen said...

I really love both of those documentaries! I could watch them over and over again. And you look absolutely lovely.

 
At June 26, 2010 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Marissa said...

The vogue documentary was interesting mainly because you get to see the creative team at work, the insights from anna were cool too.

http://pinkpopmash.blogspot.com

 
At January 15, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Shen Dove said...

I really love both of those documentaries! I could watch them over and over again. And you look absolutely lovely.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home