<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: What Would You Do With This Top?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What Would You Do With This Top?

IMG_2430

I was given this (never worn) top deemed hopeless by its previous owner and challenged to refashion it into sometime more "wearable."  I really don't like to turn down a challenge : ) 

I had a few ideas on what could be done to it, but thought I'd ask you ladies what you would do with it.  Some of my ideas include: cutting off the sleeves and wearing it with black shorts, Using the top as material to decorate a plain clutch bag, making it a mini skirt....

So, what would you do with it? Please let me know in the comments!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At May 25, 2011 at 10:29 AM , Anonymous Basiccravings said...

I would wear it with beat-up jeans.  LOVE the top!   

 
At May 25, 2011 at 10:29 AM , Anonymous Chaucee said...

I like the idea of turning it into a tank.

 
At May 25, 2011 at 10:43 AM , Anonymous Joda Babes said...

I would definitely remove the sleeves to create a sequin tank, but I would try to salvage them so you could reattach them to a non-embellished tank as shortened or capped sleeves - I love that look.  Then I would probably try to use the scraps to make earrings or cover an existing bangle.
 
Whenever I think of all the years I passed on trophy tops and sequin dresses in thrift stores I just hate myself for not anticipating that my future-self wouldn’t be able to get enough of them!  Good luck!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 11:21 AM , Anonymous Loren said...

You might try turning it into a bolero type jacket.
If you have any leftover bits from the restyle I would definitely add some stripes to a black or white (or even beige) tanktop.

 
At May 25, 2011 at 2:53 PM , Anonymous Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

I love your idea of using the sleeves on a non-embellished top for two looks from one piece!  I also like basiccraving's idea of pairing with distressed denim!

I would wear it as a tan with black washed silk shorts, or come cooler months with charcoal grey heather on the bottom; I love gold and bronze with grey!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

 I never thought of wearing the top with a gray bottom, great suggestion!  Btw, I love your blog, thanks for commenting : )

 
At May 25, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

 Thanks lady!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 3:34 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Awesome suggestions, thanks!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 3:35 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

A bolero is an amazing idea!  I'm really going to have a hard time nailing down which idea (or ideas) I'll actually execute because yours are so great : )

 
At May 25, 2011 at 3:35 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Love that idea!

 
At May 26, 2011 at 12:23 AM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

It would be so cute as a mini skirt!

 
At May 26, 2011 at 1:33 AM , Anonymous Shasie said...

I'd wear it with black skinny jeans and an amazing pair of black strappy stiletto heels!



Shasie  
Enter
My Vintage Scarf Giveaway

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home