<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Review: ASOS PETITE Swing Dress in Baroque Print

Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: ASOS PETITE Swing Dress in Baroque Print

I recently added the first ASOS item to my wardrobe.  I'm still on my black and white kick, so I chose this dress from the ASOS PETITE Collection because it looked versatile and I could easily see it fitting in with my existing wardrobe items.  So to really test out the dress, I did what I mentally do every time I add something new to my wardrobe: I remixed it.  Here is the ASOS PETITE Swing Dress in Baroque Print styled three ways:

Pops of Orange 
 pop orange
Blazer: H&M/Necklace: Claire's/Clutch: ???/Shoes: ShoeMint  

Shades of Gray

shades of gray
Earrings: H&M/Clutch: The Career Wardrobe (Philly)/
Shoes: c/o Burlington Coat Factory (purchased with gift card)/Tights: Target 


Dash of Denim

Denim Dash
Earrings: Old/Denim Vest: Forever 21/Clutch: Francesca's Collections/
Boots: It's Vintage Darling (DC)

Size: I ordered a size 6 in the dress because I didn't want it to have a clingy fit.
Price: $47.47
Material: 96% Vicose, 4% Elastane
Likes: The crisp black and white graphic print.  The dress is comfortable and the length works for my short, curvy frame so I can easily style it for a variety of occasions.
Dislikes: I don't have any dislikes other than the sleeves being a tad too long.
Verdict: I like the dress and definitely plan to get a lot of wear out of it for the remainder of the season.  I've already worn this dress to a cultural event and to the office.  Next time, I may add a scarf or layer the dress over a skirt for a different look.  My order also came pretty quickly.  The ASOS PETITE Collection has an array of stylish items for petite ladies that fit my price point and style aesthetic. 


Note: I was given an ASOS store credit to order an ASOS item and chose this dress.  As always, all opinions in this review are my own.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At February 26, 2013 at 1:24 AM , Anonymous Maggie | 2ndhand Knowledge said...

I love that first look with the orange blazer! I'm a huge fan of anything orange :)


http://2ndhandknowledge.wordpress.com

 
At February 26, 2013 at 9:59 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks!

 
At February 27, 2013 at 12:35 AM , Anonymous Brynn said...

Ooh, that dress is amazing! I love the pattern. You look phenomenal in it!!


theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

 
At February 27, 2013 at 7:07 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 
At February 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

that print is so gorgeous - and I'm definitely digging black and white prints lately!
love that they have a good petite section (always a challenge!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home