<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Winter Reading List

Monday, January 7, 2013

Winter Reading List

Winter 2013 Reading List

So the way I usually compile my seasonal book lists is if I hear about a book in multiple places and it looks remotely interesting, I add it to my list and reserve it at my local library.  I had heard of all of these books from traditional and social media, so I thought I'd make it a point to read them during the duration of winter. I'll write my thoughts on the books as I read them.

What's on your to-read list this season?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 7, 2013 at 3:19 PM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

I need to make a reading list, especially since I just got a Kindle Fire. Books just seem to be so expensive though, ugh.

 
At January 8, 2013 at 7:56 AM , Anonymous Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

Zadie Smith's book is on my list too, I happened upon On Beauty in my work library and LOVED her writing. My sister recommended The Paris Wife which is about Hemingway's first wife from her point of view and it was so beautiful and sad and moving I just grabbed Hemingway's novel, A Moveable Feast to recall his view of that time in his life.

 
At January 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Books are VERY expensive! Unless I see the book as something I'll re-read, I usually just reserve it at the library. I've reserved e-books to read on my Kindle app also but the selection is not as large as physical books.

 
At January 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

I just picked up NW from the library and will be starting it soon. I'm interested to see what you think of it after you've read it. I also read The Paris Wife and thought it was a very good book. I definitely plan to read books from that era in Hemingway's life in the future.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home