<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Summer Reading List

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Summer Reading List

I know summer is not technically here yet in the U.S., but since it's Memorial Day weekend and that is the unofficial start of summer, I thought I'd post the summer edition of my seasonal reading lists.  

ReWork - This book was recommended to me a few months ago and I want to take the time to read it this summer. 

Normal Gets You Nowhere - I loved Kelly Cutrone's first book, so I definitely plan to read her second book.  I'm happy to get my dose of Kelly Cutrone through her books since her show Kell on Earth is not on right now.

The Four Pillars of Investing: Lessons for Building a Winning Portfolio - I find the idea of investing kind of intimidating, so it's time to start tackling the subject so I feel confident to do investing outside of my retirement accounts.  I love clothes and shoes and consider them to be investments to a certain degree, but I'd like to accumulate monetary assets as well : )

Style Statement: Live by Your Own Design - I love Danielle LaPorte's blog, and would love to participate in one of her workshops one day, so this is the perfect time to read her take on style.

Produced By Faith: Enjoy Real Success without Losing Your True Self - I love films and the production process of films fascinates me.  After recently learning about this book, I definitely want to read more about film producer, DeVon Franklin's inspiring story.

What's do you plan to read this summer?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 29, 2011 at 6:23 PM , Anonymous Sorren Isler said...

Bossypants is amazing! I found it very inspiring even and I hope she comes out with another book sometime in the future. I think style statement also sounds awesome and I'm going to have to check it out.

I've recently read Abundance, a novel about Marie Antoinette (i loved it) and am currently reading Onward by Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks - super interesting.

 
At May 30, 2011 at 2:32 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

I'll remember to add those two books to my next reading list, they sound interesting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home